Sunday, March 3, 2013

immerse your soul in love.

I'm the next act
Waiting in the wings

I'm an animal
Trapped in your hot car

I am all the days
That you choose to ignore


You are all I need
You are all I need
I'm in the middle of your picture
Lying in the reeds

I'm a moth
Who just wants to share your light

I'm just an insect
Trying to get out of the night


I only stick with you
Because there are no others


You are all I need
You're all I need
I'm in the middle your picture
Lying in the reeds

It's all wrong
It's all right
It's all wrong 



 I was going to write an analysis. But I'll let the song speak for itself. 

Things I like about "all I need"

1. the beginning sounds like comfort
2. the fade outs. it's reminds me of suspension
3. the fact that not everything is rosy, despite it being named "all i need"
4. the fact that there are still some things i don't understand abut this song
5. "I am all the days...that you choose to ignore"
6. "I only stick with you because there are no others."
7. The fact that things can be all wrong and be all right
8. all.
9. the beautiful sounds that come in when he starts to sing "I am a moth....."

When I listen to radiohead, I get images in my mind that aren't even mine.memories that don't belong to me. feelings i don't quite understand yet. and i always feel okay. i always feel okay...


I don’t know if anybody else has this feeling. When you’re walking down the street and you catch your reflection in something like a car window or a shop window and you see your face and you think, ‘Who’s that?’. You know: ‘That’s not me, that doesn’t represent who I am’. And I think I’ve recently discovered what the problem is and it’s a feeling that essentially you’re just in a room full of mirrors. You can shoot at all the reflections, but basically it’s all meaningless because you’re just trapped and you put yourself there. I’ve realized recently that it’s actually worrying about it that’s the fucking problem. It’s actually saying, ‘No, this is me, that’s not me’, and being precious about who you are, because I believe now that everyone changes all the time. I think the most unhealthy thing for a human being is to feel that they have to behave in a certain way because other people expect them to behave like that, or to feel they have to think in a certain way because what happens then is basically your mind goes round in circles.

I definitely agree, as well as admire, this guy, man., soul.


                i love the fact that he closes his eyes a lot. i do that a lot too. i don't know why i do, but i do.



 

                                              i think you can tell a lot by a person's voice. 

 there is this thing that happens to me occasionally. i'll listen to a song, and i'll have no idea what it means but i can feel something happening. i'm just unsure of what it is. then, at some point of my life, the song will start playing again and i finally discover what it was trying to tell me that whole time. it's beautiful.
it's only happened with the smiths, radiohead, interpol, and of course, the beatles.
especially radiohead. you'd thjnk i'd say the beatles, but thom yorke...is, to put in the simplest terms, different.
i don't understand this song at all, but i can acknowledge it's beauty:


No comments:

Post a Comment