Saturday, March 23, 2013

why I hate movies

I've never been too fond of movies. If you ask me whether I've watched, or watched that, the answer will more than likely be "no, I haven't". Now there are several factors explaining this happening. Or in this case, not-happening. Bahahaha. (lame joke. ^-^). One of them being that I have a short-attention span, and the others being that I don't happen to ever cross paths/look for certain movies, and I have a preference for choosing shows over movies. The most important reason is the fact that I usually feel extremely frustrated after watching a movie either because 1) It was a stupid movie I've spent an a hour plus watching, or 2) I feel like the movie is spreading a message I don't agree with.

I used to like Say Anything until I realized how much the movie was effecting my expectations.
I hate not being able to say certain things because I feel like "this must have happened in a movie somewhere." When I watched Nick and Nora's infinite Playlist, I felt overwhelming stupid. I don't like the polish of movies when it comes to people and ideas.

You can say I'm reading too much into this, but then I'd say that you're not reading enough.

We should all be reading. Lol. Not movies, books .I like books because I get to be the director

Don't get me wrong, I have to acknowledge that there are many movies out there that have caused a great deal of good and make me feel a good kind of different when I'm done watching them. We call those movies rare and even so, still inferior to literature.


No comments:

Post a Comment