Friday, March 1, 2013

stuff & things


I was very happy to see marc yesterday.

After much serious deliberation (not really), we decided it's been about two years since we've seen one another. We headed over to the movie theater and started toking up. We talked for hours about stupid shit. It's funny because we both have really random things in our bags (purse/messenger bag a.k.a purse in disguise...heheheh). He had a whole game of darts in there lol. He's also really into comics and weed and fucked up shit and metal. Oh and an Aquarius !
Eventually, the comfort disappeared, and all of a sudden the question of what we are doing next seemed really important.
He crept closer as he said "what do you wanna do?".
I knew exactly what he wanted to do.
When I felt he was getting too close, I broke out in a thumb war.
Literally, I just yelled "thumb war!"
It back-fired though, because the game got really intense and so did the rules of said game.
We ended up even closer now, but nothing happened...
oh...
except for the fact that I WON! lol. Yeah, totally beat him. He said I was the only one ever to beat him. It's funny because the strat I used was wait for the right moment and then pounce. Lol. I call it "lion in the plain fields" lmfao. what? no. i don't call it that.
anyway, anyway,
we ended up using both our hands simultaneously to settle down the disputes of who was a better thumb wrestler (me). It lasted a pretty long time. He beat me on my right but I beat him on his left.
Afterwards, he kind of let his hand linger on mine and I could tell he thought that we had chemistry or something, so I broke out and said "let's go get something to eat!"
The moment of lingering was terrifying. Everything went cold for that moment. Everything. I had an overwhelming rush of piercing ice run through my body. I could swear ice was forming on his hands. I was shivering.
I couldn't make eye-contact after that.
I was in a weird mood after that. I apologized to him. He said he gets it because he was with Mikki for three years and people who were in a relationship for a long time get other people who were in a relationship for a long time. Or so they say. Or so it's the thing to say.
Anyway, I'm glad I told him. It made things better. And I'm glad he's into star wars because I finally have someone to watch it with.
I decided to not invite him in.
I said goodbye to him and that it was really nice seeing him. I meant it. He flashed me a really nice smile. It was genuine. I could tell.
When I got home, I wrapped myself up in covers, but I didn't feel any warmer.

Yerika & Allyson said today that I shouldn't be surprised at guys trying to make moves on me. That I should start expecting these things. It makes me sad that I should expect these things, because I genuinely just want to enjoy people. And honestly, if you're trying to make a move, then it probably isn't going to work out.




No comments:

Post a Comment