Friday, March 22, 2013

me: how's it going with you?
mr.r: oh it's going

BAHAHAHAHA
I loved that response

we takin over tha bankz
http://www.yelp.com/biz/the-bedford-chicago

goals for the end of the spring break:
1. pracitce my violin (my baby) for at least an hour a day.
2. get selected to play to represent my class. we're as good as a beginner can be lol. the bulletin board says "it's beginning to sound a lot like music..." LOL
3. finish the unbearable lightness of being.  (thanks for the rec. Brenda)
4. make sure everything is good with my FASFA @ harold
5. learn to make a new food with Kristina and Yerika
6. go to the bedford
7. apologize to my mom
8. write something great and share it somewhere great or with someone great.
9. Show Yerika's little sisters good music. I'm trying to get them to gradually shift from J.B to Boys like girls and Fall Out Boy. Baby steps guys. Baby steps. They're cute. I like sharing things with them. I like when they show me their music journals and the guys they have crushes on. They remind me so much of myself as a kid. They like bring me the horizon lol!
10. Bond with Binky (hamster).

^-^



Rememeber when I said that if you'd ask me what I thought about this song years ago, I'd probably say that it's not a song I think represents a good relationship. I'd tell you that the person should be their own mirror. Be independent. Not need anyone else. However, I've now realized that although people can be these things, they sometimes get burried in negativity. If you have a partner whom you love, they should always remind me of who you are when you can't do it yourself. They shouldn't bring you down even further, but make you feel loved in a tough time. This song is really beautiful.

Something Brenda said a long time ago that resonated with me is that guys select girls based on a checklist. They think if a girl is attractive enough, the time suits them, and she's smart enough or whatever it is they want, then she's fine. she's good enough. A girl, however, won't look at a guy that way. We hold them on pedestals. We think they're amazing, not convenient or circumstantial. It's something to think about...
Maybe I depicted this in the wrong way or misunderstood what B was saying. Correct me if I'm wrong. ^-^
Either way, it still really made an impact on me. I don't know exactly what it did, but it did something.

I'm so hungry. One more class left and I'm outta here.

"I'll be your mirror, reflect what you are, in case you don't know. i'll be the wind, the rain and the sunset, the light on your door, to show that you're home. When you think the night has seen your mind. That inside your twisted and unkind. Let me stand and show you you are blind. Please put down your hands. Cause I see you. I find it hard to believe you don't know the beauty you are but if you don't let me be your eyes, a hand in your darkness so you won't be afraid."

and just because it's a really good song:


"and we can find new ways of living".
"But she can read, she can read, she can read, she can read, she's bad
Oh, she's bad"

No comments:

Post a Comment