Tuesday, June 4, 2013

 I remember on my way to a concert with some of my friends who looked a little bit on the scene side, my dad came up to me and asked me if this was really me. he seemed to know what my answer should be. I told him "I like it" and that I wasn't pretending to like it for the sake of fun or whatever. He rolled his eyes the way only my dad can and got in the car to drive me and my friends to the Metro. It's funny how he knows that wasn't me.
 
In other news my brother is here. My brother from Wisconsin. I haven't seen him since I was about...11..and he took my Vanessa Carlton CD..I remember it so well Lol. I remember that, a spongebob calendar in which spongebob is spelling out Fun in one month and playing the ukulele in another, and him saying that he only eats my grandmas tamales. Now, he's here, and more memories are to be added. He checked out my room and said "I wish my other sisters were this creative." It's weird, because as much as I say he's not my brother really, when he's around, he definitely is. I feel an immense love for him, although I never see him. I wish I knew more about him. He seems to be really happy to be with my dad and you should have seen his smile light up when my dad remembered his birthday (November 17). It's interesting to note that although he is a dad himself and in his late 20's, he still is a little boy, a little son, around my dad. I wonder how my dad feels around him. My dad wasn't really ever around for him and he caused a lot of pain for Joey. I can't really say anything at all about this, since I really don't know so I'll stop here.
All I do know is that I'm happy he is around and I hope we can go out to eat soon or something. With family, you always feel like you can be yourself no matter what. Not that I'm not myself around other people, but the level of comfort is definitely there with family as opposed to other people where you kind of have to work on it.
Okay, well...off to continue working on my room..it's blue now...

No comments:

Post a Comment