Thursday, June 6, 2013

when words fail music speaks.

http://grooveshark.com/#!/artist/Schindler+s+List/73331
listen to the first song.
"theme from schindler's list".

I had the pleasure of attending Schurz's chamber concert where this song was beautifully played; so beautifully played that it brought me to tears.
The beginning of today's concert made me forget everything, forget I was human, forget all the triavalities that comes with it, and the sounds and the emotions dripping completely carried me away.
I love when musicians sway with their instruments, like they're intwined with it.
I started thinking about what Bukowski said "mozart dead but his music very much alive.."
I started thinking about what Paul McCartney said about Beethoven. People told him that he wouldn't like him because it was "high class stuff" and sooner or later he finally realized it's all the same. And that's a very beautiful thing. I hope you understand what he meant. He's not at all putting them on the same level, just saying the do the same thing.

It's interesting to note that what you see isn't always what's there. People are seeping with things that we cannot hear, see, or touch.  I watched a girl sing her heart out and man did she have a voice. It was like every word she said was coming out directly from her heart, tugging on my heart strings.

I heard a pianoist play a song beautifully. I've always really admired the piano, but I would never play it. I don't like the movement of it. I don't get it. It doesn't move me (in more ways than one). I love the sounds, just not the movement. It's important to love both if you're going to try to play an instrument, I think.

I really needed this.

I just don't understand how people can say art and music are unneccessary.
I don't think I ever will.

Cracked eggs, dead birds Scream as they fight for life I can feel death, can see its beady eyes All these things into position All these things we'll one day swallow whole
And fade out again And fade out again Immerse your soul in love Immerse your soul in love


(she had a certain warmth to her. It was like she wasn't always  thinking about being a woman - Ham On Rye by: Bukowski)

No comments:

Post a Comment