Monday, June 3, 2013

where art thou friends?

In honor of Allyson, I think I'm going to look up the lyrics to subterranean homesick alien. It's her favorite song off radiohead's album OK computer.
I've never looked up the lyrics before, but I love the song nonetheless.

"The breath of the morning
I keep forgetting
The smell of the warm summer air


I live in a town
Where you can't smell a thing,
You watch your feet
For cracks in the pavement.

Up above
Aliens hover
Making home movies
For the folks back home,

Of all these weird creatures
Who lock up their spirits,
Drill holes in themselves
And live for their secrets.

They're all uptight, uptight,
Uptight, uptight,
Uptight, uptight.

I wish that they'd swoop down in a country lane,
Late at night when I'm driving.
Take me on board their beautiful ship,
Show me the world as I'd love to see it.


I'd tell all my friends but they'd never believe me,
They'd think that I'd finally lost it completely.
I'd show them the stars and the meaning of life.
They'd shut me away.
But I'd be alright, alright,

I'm be alright,
I'm alright.

I'm just uptight, uptight,
Uptight, uptight,
Uptight, uptight,
Uptight, uptight,
Uptight. "

and this too because every time I hear this song I think of you and how much you love it and how you're the person who showed it to me.
I love this song.

"A heart that's full up like a landfill A job that slowly kills you Bruises that won't heal
You look so tired unhappy Bring down the government They don't, they don't speak for us
I'll take a quiet life A handshake of carbon monoxide
And no alarms and no surprises No alarms and no surprises No alarms and no surprises Silent, silent
This is my final fit My final bellyache
With no alarms and no surprises No alarms and no surprises No alarms and no surprises please
Such a pretty house And such a pretty garden
No alarms and no surprises No alarms and no surprises No alarms and no surprises please"


and what the hell, just cause.

"A green plastic watering can For a fake Chinese rubber plant In the fake plastic earth
That she bought from a rubber man In a town full of rubber plans To get rid of itself
It wears her out, it wears her out It wears her out, it wears her out
She lives with a broken man A cracked polystyrene man Who just crumbles and burns
He used to do surgery On the girls in the eighties But gravity always wins
And it wears him out, it wears him out It wears him out, it wears
She looks like the real thing She tastes like the real thing My fake plastic love
But I can't help the feeling I could blow through the ceiling If I just turn and run
And it wears me out, it wears me out It wears me out, it wears me out
And if I could be who you wanted If I could be who you wanted All the time, all the time
 "


- fake plastic trees.

It's interesting to note that the sounds we make change the meaning of a word/song and how it impacts us. I. love. radiohead.

Panda, I miss you too. Miss I got two jobs now and mad stackz. Lol.
Hopefully I see her today. It's been a week, which is like a year. Funny how real the distance is to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment