Thursday, May 30, 2013

it's nice and cozy here.

I'm sitting in Mr.Rutter's room, which fortunately has an open door policy, reading a book he lent me called "For the love of Mike". As the title suggests, it's nice and cozy here. Everyone is gone.
Books I am currently reading:
1.For the love of Mike - Mike Royko
2.Animal Farm (again) - George Orwell
3.Cosmos - Carl Sagan
4. Post Office - Bukowski ! (FUCKIN GREAT. as expected)
I was planning on taking "the picture of dorian gray" from Mr.Rutter's mini library that he has in his classroom & adding it to this list, but I think Mr.Rutter took it.I got so excited when I saw it because I discovered the reference in Ivan Albright's "picture of a Dorian Gray" painting. (of course, I told Mr.Rutter this) I read the story next to the painting at the art institute and it said it was a painting of a man who was once kind, but later became a ruthless businessman. Everything around him is rottening. Ivan Albright's paintings were the only paintings that ever made me stop and think. I mean really think. Interestingly enough, he seems to be following me. And guess who wrote this book? None other than Oscar Wilde.
It's funny to think that both Ivan Albright and I are going to read the same book. 
When I first saw the painting, I thought it was about someone he knew.
In a way, it kind of is, but not in the way that I meant.
here is a photo of the painting. I like photography, but sometimes you can never capture what is really there, and what you see diminishes the value of what it really is.


I guess this means I'll just have to buy the book. I can't stop thinking about it.

I told Mr.Rutter that I finally realized what he is. I could never label him as a conservative. That's not what he is. No. He is just..aware.
"I'll take it" lmao.

The next books on my list:
1. The agony and the ecstasy - Ivan Mellville
2. Brave New World - Huxley
3. 1984 (again) - George Orwell
4. As I lay dying - Faulkner
5. The Picture Of Dorian Gray - Oscar Wilde
6. Woman - Bukowski

This is my plan anyway.
"but plans can fall through and so often they do" - The Smiths, Accept Yourself.

I want sleeep.

No comments:

Post a Comment