Wednesday, May 15, 2013

an explaination of the word "favorite"

I remember once Yerika told me that Mr.Raimondi told her that "just because a band is your favorite now, doesn't mean it will be forever.". She told her this, after me and her had just hung out with him. The thing is: I didn't mention the Beatles at all throughout that whole hanging out session. It just baffled me and I wonder what made him want to say that to her. I'm wondering if it was supposed to be said to me.

So allow me to clarify, for the sake of clarifying something that might not even have to be clarified: The Beatles Are My Favorite Band.
It works something like this: I listen and listen and feel and feel and I'm continually learning from them at whatever point I am in my life. Sometimes, I go months without listening to them. Sometimes days. Weeks. But always..always..I come back. I'm not going to listen to them for the sake of listening. I'm going to listen to them when I need them. If you see me going on a the smiths binge, in which I'm constantly listening to them and it seems I've neglected my loves, you are surely mistaken. They are still there, even though I am not listening. I have listened. And I will listen later. I hope that makes sense.
 The Smiths are also up there with the Beatles. Right next to them, actually. They always will be. I feel like these bands are permanent.

As for my other favorites:
-Modest Mouse
-Radiohead
-Interpol (one album)


They are constantly changing positions in my heart. I'm not quite sure if they have a permanent stay like The Beatles or The Smiths. Just the fact that I can describe them as a favorite means a lot though.

I should probably eat. Okay. I'm gonna do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment