Wednesday, May 29, 2013

my little brothers are reading now.

Books I've read and books I haven't.
Coincidentally, their grades have gone up.
Luis just got three books on black holes. I'm excited to read one with him.

They like the library now.

Growing up, I thought I never had the support that I wanted.
My dad never took me out the museums, never told me about famous painters, musicians, anything like that.
But he always bought me books. Anyone I wanted. I'm talking any. Sometimes he'd spend a hundred dollars because I wanted so many books from that Scholastic book catalog we (I'm sure you know what I'm talking about) used to get when we were younger.
So even though it wasn't the support I wanted, I'm grateful that I had support.
In retrospect, I'm happy that he's who he is and I am who I am.

I used to get called a book worm and I used to cry.
I got made fun of for being nice the other day and this time I didn't cry.

No comments:

Post a Comment