Wednesday, May 29, 2013

If I had a girl, I'd name her Marina. It means "of the sea" and I've always loved how it sounded. I also like the name Stella a lot. It means "star".  It just sounds like a cool name and I love the interpol song "stella was a diver and she was always down". (My steam roller is named Stellar Stella) Charles Bukowski's daughter is named Marina and Paul's is named Stella. Paul has other offspring's, but I'm not too impressed by their name. Bukowski didn't decide to name his daughter Marina, Fay (the mother) did. It's just interesting to me to have a connection there that isn't very apparent, but it's there.
Marina also happens to be the name of a girl I am very much intrigued by.
If I had a boy, I don't know what I'd name him. Maybe I'd name him Charlie. That means "free man". I don't know though. I can't see myself calling my future son Charlie, but then again I can.
I like thinking about names.
If you were to ask me if I wanted kids, I'd still say no.

No comments:

Post a Comment