Monday, May 13, 2013

lmfao fucking john dude

http://www.beatlesinterviews.org/db1963.0622.jukebox.jury.john.lennon.html

Song heard: So Much In Love - The Tymes
JOHN: "Uhh, I thought it was Rolf Harris at first. And then I thought, 'No, it's the Drifters.' And then it's just... you know. It's nobody." (giggling from the panel)

Song heard: The Click Song - Miriam Makeba and the Belafonte Singers
JOHN: "It's nice you know... Not for that reason. Because, you know, these foreign records -- this kind of, you know, the language -- It just didn't go. It's quite nice actually, but if it was in English it'd mean even less." (laughter)   JOHN: "It's intriguing because it's foreign, you know. But you can pick them out a mile away with all the gimmicks and all the different styles." (John votes by holding up the MISS card)

Song heard: Flamenco - Russ Conway JOHN: "I like pianos and things, but not sort of pub pianos playing flamenco music, with 'click click.' It doesn't work, you know. It still sounds... It still sounds honky, you know. It doesn't sound anything like flamenco." DAVID JACOBS: "Yeah." JOHN: "He hasn't pinched the best bits of real Spanish music, I don't think. Sorry." (John votes by holding up the MISS card)

Song heard: Devil In Disguise - Elvis Presley JOHN: "Well, you know, I used to go mad on Elvis, like all the groups, but not now. I don't like this. And I hate songs with 'walk' and 'talk' in it -- you know, those lyrics. She walks, she talks. I don't like that. And I don't like the double beat: doom-cha doom-cha, that bit. It's awful. (pause) Poor ol' Elvis." (laughter) BRUCE PROCHNIK: "Your heart bleeds for him." JOHN: "Well, I've got all his early records and I keep playing them. He mustn't make another like this. But somebody said today he sounds like Bing Crosby now, and he does." (laughter) JOHN: "There'll be people writing in now. I know what they're saying (comically in a low, slow voice) 'What d'ya mean!?'" (laughter) JOHN: "I don't like him anymore." KATIE BOYLE: "If he did sound like Bing Crosby, would it be bad?" JOHN: "Well, for Elvis... yes." (laughter) (John votes by holding up the MISS card)

Song heard: On Top Of Spaghetti - Tom Glaser JOHN: "Oh. I can't stand these all-together-now records. I like the idea of one shouting and one answering, but not that. I prefer the recent Little Eva, Smokey-Locomotion, folks. But not that, you know. (describing the group-sing-a-long nature of Glaser's song) It's like an outing." DAVID JACOBS: "Yeah." JOHN: "A coach trip." (John votes by holding up the MISS card)

Song heard: First Quarrel - Paul and Paula JOHN: "Well, I like their first record (Hey Paula), because I like the octave singing -- her singing, you know, one above him. And it wasn't bad. I didn't buy it. And the second one, you know, wasn't worth bothering. And this.. this has 'Jim' in, you know. All these American records are always about Jim and Bobby and Alfred and all this." (laughter) JOHN: "I don't like it." (John votes by holding up the MISS card)

Song heard: Don't Ever Let Me Down - Julie Grant JOHN: "Ahh, I can't think of a thing to say. At the beginning I thought, you know, 'Oh, it's one of those with an intro,' but the intro wasn't strong enough." DAVID JACOBS: "Do you like girls records or not?" JOHN: "Yeah, I like girl singers. I like Shirelles and Chiffons, you know. They're different. But I can't think of any girl in particular." DAVID JACOBS: "But not that particular record." JOHN: "No." (John votes by holding up the MISS card)

No comments:

Post a Comment