Friday, May 10, 2013

chillin with the tobster

Did you know that when you pet a dog you are releasing the same chemicals mothers do when they breast feed their children? Dogs feel it too. This is also known as: bonding lol. I saw it on the Science of Dogs. I recommend it.

Ernest Hemingway: Cancer

The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places.
Ernest Hemingway

There is nothing to writing. All you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed.
Ernest Hemingway

About morals, I know only that what is moral is what you feel good after and what is immoral is what you feel bad after.
Ernest Hemingway
Never go on trips with anyone you do not love.
Ernest Hemingway
I'll keep that in mind, Ernest.

Never confuse movement with action.
Ernest Hemingway
All my life I've looked at words as though I were seeing them for the first time.
Ernest Hemingway
That's beautiful.

I know now that there is no one thing that is true - it is all true.
Ernest Hemingway
#true lol jk

I never had to choose a subject - my subject rather chose me.
Ernest Hemingway
This reminds me of what the cartoonist, whom was my favorite ted talk of the day, had to say:
"masterpieces are not made, they emerge"

"Pound's crazy. All poets are. They have to be."
- Ernest Hemingway

I think what I value most about my favorite musicians is their honesty. They talk about the world as they see it:
"All you have to do is write one true sentence. Write the truest sentence you know" - Ernest Hemingway

They should teach that to children along with "show, not tell." lolol.

For Allyson:
If you are lucky enough to have lived in Paris as a young man, then wherever you go for the rest of your life it stays with you, for Paris is a moveable feast.
Ernest Hemingway


What a beautiful name. Ernest Hemingway. There is a certain melody to it. A lovely song indeed. I hope to name my kid something like that one day.


"in my life" - The Beatles

song makes me cry when I hear it..got divorced last year and my ex moved like 500 miles away with my two daughters...I can't afford to pay child support and visit my kids (between plane, hotel, car rental and entertainment)...going to visit then this weekend for Emily's 7th birthday...although I do have affection for people and things that went before, in my life I love her more.
· 16

I should make a collection of comments to Beatle songs. How could would that be? I like reading stuff like that. I wonder if other people do too.
Chapter one would be the beatles..chapter two..the smiths..
i'm getting ahead of myself here..
but it's so fun to do so..
^-^

No comments:

Post a Comment