Tuesday, April 16, 2013

“Sometimes you just have to pee in the sink.”
Charles Bukowski

 · An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

One should always be in love. That is the reason one should never marry.

“I loved you like a man loves a woman he never touches, only writes to, keeps little photographs of.”
Charles Bukowski, Love is a Dog from Hell
 
“Some lose all mind and become soul, insane.
some lose all soul and become mind, intellectual.
some lose both and become accepted”
Charles Bukowski
“I wanted the whole world or nothing.”
Charles Bukowski, Post Office
 
“I felt like crying but nothing came out. it was just a sort of sad sickness, sick sad, when you can't feel any worse. I think you know it. I think everybody knows it now and then. but I think I have known it pretty often, too often.”
Charles Bukowski

"A love like that was a serious illness, an illness from which you never entirely recover.”
Charles Bukowski, The People Look Like Flowers at Last

“those who escape hell
however
never talk about
it
and nothing much
bothers them
after
that.”
Charles Bukowski

A gentleman is one who never hurts anyone's feelings unintentionally.
Oscar Wilde

Who, being loved, is poor?
Oscar Wilde
this reminds me of "so who is rich and who is poor? I cannot say. Oh."

All bad poetry springs from genuine feeling.
Oscar Wilde
 

No comments:

Post a Comment