Monday, April 8, 2013

I'm sorry I'm blowing up your dashboard....


I'm thinking about Angel's mom. I don't think I've ever enjoyed having a conversation with a friend's parent more than I have with Angel's mom. We have lots of similar interests and she's a sagatarrius and she loves the Smiths. I genuinely enjoy her company, and sometimes I find myself talking to her more than I talk to Angel. She's also a great cook. Once she told me about this date she went on. The guy brought his mom. She told me she told him "I'll see ya after the concert." Needlesstosay, that didn't work out. His mom hated her after that. I thought it was funny and I could see why she would get freaked out and I could see why he thought it might have been OK to bring his mom to a concert. If his mom was cool, I would have probably liked it. Angel's mom is also really into Mexican art and her house is decorated with a lot of it. Every time we see each other, we talk about going to this one museum. We haven't gone yet, but I hope we go soon. I hope it isn't something we say just to be nice.
Anyway, the reason I bring her up is because I was looking through her old CD albums and there was one of Morrissey playing a violin lol. She said that her mom would tell her to "turn that music off before she slit her wrists."
It's funny because when I really think about, I don't think Morrissey was a morbid sad person. I think he was just honest.

I constantly fantasize about certain things. One of them is the things I'll do when I have a kid and what I'll name him.
I haven't realized until now that all the bands I like are completely male. I'd say they're boy bands, but they're not.
No wonder Kathleen Hanna feels injustice. I was going to write complains, but that just doesn't sound right. Espcially here.
Anyway, today I was thinking about names. I thought I'd name him "Charlie" or "Morrissey" LOL or "Paul" LOL.  But I wouldn't want to. I like Morrissey as a middle name though. I like Charlie as a first name and I dig the fact that that's one of the best names to say in a british accent, but I'm not sure about it. I just know that it's going to be epic. It's going to sound beautiful and it's going to mean something great. I guess that's why I can't name my future son Paul or Charlie or Morrissey. It doesn't sound beautiful, even though the people who have it are beautiful.
I also kept thinking about the books I'd read to him and how when he's old enough to read on his own i'd give him my old stories I made in 4th grade and how when he's old enough to think i'd give him "the perks of being a wallflower", "catcher in the rye", "prep", and "ham on rye". When he's old enough to love, I'll give him "what matters most is how well you walk through the fire". At least, this is the list for now. And he's going to be an amazing person and I'm going to love him very much. Even if he rejects all these things, he's going to know about them and have a good reason for rejecting them.

People who recommend things are great.
Is it weird that I'm slightly proud of the fact that aaron got along so well with brenda? Sometimes, when I think of B, I think of how she talks about these books and how I can tell she really loves them and it warms up my heart. The books I'm talking about are the following. Everytime I hear these book titles, I think of you: a heart breaking work of staggering genuis, the little prince, the unbearable lightness of being.
 I'm also incredibly fond of Allyson. Incredibly.
I like the fact that the gifts she gives out to people were something that used to be dear to her. I like the fact that she gives albums out to people because she wants to share their amazingness and how she can find such amazingness in music. I love that she shares so much with me.

and I like laughing with her when we're stoned. It's so much fun. lmao.

OK OK. I need to finish decorating my room. Okay.

P.S I love voices and I stand by what I said about voices revealing a lot about a person.

4 comments:

  1. I am going to read one of his books. It's official. So far I have only read some of his poetry. This girl introduced me to him a while back... lol. I liked him. ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  2. dude!
    okay. you have to read "what matters most is how you walk through the fire."
    and ham on rye. and woman.
    i'm so glad you like him .
    i haven't read love is a dog from hell yet but i recommend that too. his poetry is typically better than his books.
    highlight stuff! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. okay, for sure. :P we can talk about it after it'll be great.

    I don't think she liked him as much as you do. Next time we chill we should do a write out it would be fun. Hey, u should meet my best frand someday :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeah, let's do it!
    and it would be a pleasure. just let me know when, k? sometime in April for sure.

    ReplyDelete